7 September 2017

Another 'interpretation' of the technique


Well it had to be done!!!! I had to try starting off with the technique before any tatting was done. 

That was part of the excuse - the other part was 'needing' (I lie!) another pair of earrings!!! 

The way I did this was to load the tiny beads that I needed onto the ball thread before doing anything else. I used those on the outside of the second row. Then I added the central beads to the chain thread after leaving around a yard for the shuttle - to tat with. The rest was easy as you'll know if you've had time to try the star I did last week as the threads to form the first chain were at the base of the first set (I used 3 beads for each 'spoke' 1 seed, 1 rice, 1 seed) waiting for me!!!!

One day I'll maybe write this down as a 'pattern' but it's almost too easy to be bothered once the technique has been learned.




5 comments:

Tim Kaylor said...

Those are really nice. You must tell us how to do them. Nina is going to get jealous.
OK. Off to Tat Days in a couple of hours. Wish you were there.

Jane Eborall said...

Wish I was going to be there too, Tim. Still I've got the Fringe to look forward to in a few weeks!!!!

Michelle said...

Oh please bother! I get the concept but it would be so nice to have/do. I love these!

God's Kid said...

Those are fabulous earrings!!! :) I love the design!!! :)

Jane Eborall said...

Michelle - please remind me when I get back from Canada in early October!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.